The Franchise Trainer™ is a venture transcending traditional consultancy, providing entrepreneurial and franchise training, MSME support, and cutting-edge consulting services. The organization stands as an innovative and reliable beacon for the industry.
Let’s uncover their journey, explore the distinctive services offered by The Franchise Trainer™, and tap into the wealth of valuable experiences and insights the Founder and CEO, Sary Hamway, has acquired over the years.
1. How did you enter the franchise business?
In the early nineties, I joined a major franchise development and marketing company in Norwich, UK, where I learned the best franchise practices and gained knowledge and skills from the hands of the top franchise consultants in the world. Ever since, I have been attracted to franchising, and it has become my passion for over 33 years.
2. What are the services that you provide to your clients?
We offer entrepreneurial and franchise training, MSME support initiatives, and consulting services.
The Franchise Trainer™ brings sophisticated, content-rich franchise training courses to the marketplace and uses progressive learning practices supported by experienced consultants and a management team to deliver an unparalleled personalized franchise coaching experience to clients.
Our unique franchise consultancy services offer innovative and reliable solutions to support our clients during various stages of franchise growth, to accelerate their business development, to achieve their desired financial objectives, and to optimize their business success.
Driven by decades of experience and profound knowledge, The Franchise Trainer™ aims to support MSMEs through ambitious social franchise initiatives that can support our societies and help people find a new meaning in life.
3. What are the criteria that you look for in a franchise brand to be part of your clientele?
Being in franchising for a long time, we are very careful when selecting the franchise brands that we work with. We prefer to work with managerially established clients who enjoy a great deal of business integrity and credibility. In our professional opinion, the most important factors in franchise success are innovation and a solid supply chain system.
4. What makes your organization different from your competitors?
The Franchise Trainer™ offers more specialized consulting programs that are absolutely unique in the marketplace. Our programs bring value-added support to our clients for the most feasible and functional franchise systems.
5. What are the essential qualities that your clients look for in a franchisee?
- Business acumen with retail experience.
- Established managerial and operational resources to successfully launch the business in target markets.
- Financial qualifications, with sufficient funds to support the growth of the business in the target market.
- Profit-driven with a sales and marketing background.
- Have local market know-how and access to prime locations.
- Willingness to follow the franchisor’s systems.
6. How long does it take, in an average, for your franchisee to realize their investment?
This depends mainly on the type of business, but a 2 to 3-year “Pay Back Period” is a good average.
7. What was a major challenge you faced in your career, and how did you overcome it?
During economic downturns, the franchise industry at large gets affected. There were a few big challenges that we tried to overcome by working patiently and effectively to support our clients in these difficult times.
8. What is your best achievement?
Over the years, we have been recognized for being credible franchise consultants because we only give the most honest advice to our clients. This fact was highlighted by receiving several regional and international awards.
9. How does your business day start?
I plan my day before a night by setting priority tasks. My morning routine includes meditation, reading, or watching something uplifting, which helps boost my morale. During the day, I stick to my plan and finish one task at a time, which gives me a sense of achievement and motivation to start working on the next task.
10. What was your best moment throughout your franchise career?
The greatest moments in my franchise career have always been associated with successfully completing projects for my clients. Having said that, there are exceptional moments that are distinguished from the rest when I receive recognition for my contribution to the franchise industry worldwide.
11. Where do you see your brand in the next 5 years?
Business is changing very quickly because of new technologies introduced by the 4th industrial revolution. The Franchise Trainer™ is working hard to embrace these changes and technologies to be ahead of the game and achieve steady exponential growth in revenues and geographical presence.
12. Any tips you want to impart to our readers who want to be in the franchise industry?
Learn something new every day. Do not seek success. Success will come to you when you work on yourself. Improve your knowledge and skills in franchising a tiny bit every day. Work with honesty and integrity, and try to make a difference.
To get to know who are the industry key players, visit our Interview of the Week page.
To stay updated, visit our Franchise News section.
To learn more, visit our Franchising Tips section.
SOURCE: The Franchise Talk